Some of my favourite photos

Friday 11 September 2015

The best camera is the one you have with you

'The best camera is the one you have with you' 
I don't know who said that or where I read it but it has been true this week.
So far this week I have missed getting a photo of a young hare which was happy to hop around the allotment while my mum was weeding.
I missed a Sparrowhawk chasing a bird - twice.
I also missed getting photos of a Kestrel being mobbed by around 10 small finches.
These are some of the photos I have managed to get.





H3, one of my local Buzzards has been around a lot this week, with her mate and another Buzzard. I can hear them calling to each other in the evenings.






I have been putting my trail camera further and further away from the badger sett.
I want to see how far the badgers go at night and to see if I recognise any of them so I can see which sett they come from.
(The date stamp isn't correct)
I don't recognise the first badger but the second one, a female, comes from one of the setts I watch that is about 800m away. I know they come this way because you can follow the tracks through the grass. They also used the ditches to get places.




No comments:

Post a Comment