Some of my favourite photos

Thursday 11 June 2015

30 Days Wild - Day 11 - The 4 Elements

Day 11 of 30 days Wild I looked at the 4 Elements, Earth, Air, Fire and Water.

Firstly I had fun walking bare footed in amongst the daisies as they tickled my feet. I looked closely at the mole hills and thought about all the animals that live under the ground where it must be cool in todays heat. Down by the stream I found Roe deer tracks in the wet mud.








Air was these easiest element to look at as we are always surrounded by Buzzards and Red Kites rising on the thermals. This Buzzard, who is H3's mate was crossing the Rook's territory when they came out of nowhere and attacked him. Once he had got past the telegraph pole the rooks turned back.





There are many different types of seeds that use the wind to carry them



Fire was the hardest to do as the Sun was the most obvious thing, but I couldn't take a photo of the sun this afternoon without damaging my eyes. So here is a photo I took a few weeks ago of my sister on a Zipwire at sunset.




There are a few streams in the woods which are important to the animals that live in the wood. We saw a couple of tiny fish and quite a few beetles. Some of the streams dry up during the summer, but there are still two large ponds.










No comments:

Post a Comment