Some of my favourite photos

Monday 9 March 2015

Hares are back

On a bright sunny day the hares came out into the field yesterday afternoon. I have only seen them a few times over the winter mainly in the wood or along the hedgerow.

At first there were two of them eating together, although every once in a while the one on the left would go up on it's hind legs and bat the other one in the face until it moved away. Then they would go back to eating.
A third one ran across the back of the field.

Last year there was a one eyed hare around which I blogged about. I am hoping it survived the winter and will be around again this year.

http://appletonwildlifediary.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/one-eyed-hare-again.html





I also took a couple of photos of birds on the walk back

Coal tit

Stonechat which was flicking it's wings 







No comments:

Post a Comment